Instagram

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Fitness journey update - Why cant I look like the fitness girl on social media?

Happy New Year,

constantly always saying sorry for not being consistent, but really I am so sorry lol.
I wrote this in october this is how terrible I am but anyway.....



before I start I just want to remind you guys, I am dyslexic, tried my best to correct errors but there maybe some still lying around!

So since my last post on working out, my progression has come to a halt. The summer holidays kick started that, I probably went like twice out of the whole 6 weeks and my healthy eating went out the window with it too. sigh...... since the kids have been back its been a bit more frequent but still inconsistent along with eating properly, up until this week.

everyday I look in the mirror at myself. some days I think yes Im gonna get back into it, I have done so well post baby.. other days I think; no give up theres no change, reach for the chocolate and sit and wonder why cant I look like the insta fit, skinny bounce back bitches on insta? *crying face emoji*
I can't speak for everyone but the majority of mums post baby don't snap back after a week of giving birth.

Now everyone around me will say oh shut up don't be silly you look good, slim etc, but If I don't feel good I don't feel happy in myself.

Social media can really take its toll on some of us.. I constantly have slim, toned bootyful fitness girls on my feed with banging bodies that make it look so easy. It makes you feel a kind of pressure, anxiety inside, to look good. when really, it isnt!!!! well I mean for a mother than has a million and one things to do before they think or even care about themselves, its easy to fall off and reach to the cupboard for a chocolate because you cant eat dinner till 9pm!

Alot of us are battling with daily struggles and stresses that we can never put ourselves first. Sometimes its one thing after another and the mum hood don't stop, so to get an hour or so in the gym or where ever you workout ALONE actually does feel amazing.

Honestly this really messes with my mental health. Which I actually didn't even realise!!! I struggle to look how I once did and sometimes comparing myself to others. I know Im being 'silly' but I just can't help it sometimes. Every mums situation is different but I can guarantee we all battle with mental health issues, some of us may not even know we are, because we just get on with it. When the kids went back to school my motivation was gone, I felt fat ugly looked tired and did not even hardly bother with the gym, I thought, f**k it and ate sweets cake crisps the lot and just stared at all the sexy bodies on insta. Time was going by and it was making it even more difficult to go back. when you have kids and so much to do its really not easy to get motivation.

when I do come to my senses I have to remind myself....
* I am a mother of THREE, whether it be one or 6 my/our body wont ever be the same but EMBRACE it
* I am not a celebrity with surgeons and personal trainers on tap seconds after giving birth. (please note I have nothing against cosmetic surgery, as I have also had it done in the past but it's not as easy or as simple as that for regular mums like myself to just op for surgery to change everything we hate about ourselves.)
* People love a photoshop (when you took your waist in you also took the wallpaper behind in with you too)
* Angles we all know our skinniest angle and post the best slimmest pic out of the 98 we took!
* and you know what.. I do look F**king good!

Self love is so hard but so important and its hard to sometimes think positive. Being a mum/parent while trying to elevate and repair your mental and emotional state is difficult but you can do it and trust me you feel sooooooo much better after. We all go through our own shit but theres always a light at the end of the tunnel.

My biggest inspiration at the moment is Divas with Dumbells. I have mentioned her in my previous fitness post. She is a personal trainer and new mum.. She is the definition of real! She is really trying to build her business with real fitness programs for mothers without selling dreams or weight loss shakes and juice. I love her feed on instagram as I feel  I can relate to how she feels post baby body and she is totally honest. Her goals are to make you feel fit and healthy as well as trying to reach your own body goals.

There is definetly not enough guidance or info for women who aren't naturally slim, women who's weight goes up and down, mummy tummys and just simple for the majority of us that don't just 'bounce back'.

She captioned a post the other day that just made me feel so happy and positive I had to share..

' No I am not fat, no I am not ripped, yes I live my life, I workout sometimes, I eat Nandos and love wine! I eat sweets, I love chocolate, I also eat broccoli. I drink, I detox my body I LIVE MY LIFE!
It is not always about promoting how quickly you helped someone lose weight, because I more then certainly guarantee that they had to go on some extreme diet and fitness plan to get their results, or they done the opposite and ate nothing other then slimming shakes and weight loss pills.... That is not what I promote. I promote being fit and healthy within yourself, whilst losing weight at a steady pace, but also living your life and enjoying the things you love most! After all we only live once! 
And that is what I promote to my clients. 
When I started off as a personal trainer I noticed as soon as I mentioned the word 'diet' my clients would have a melt down and start making excuses... Hey I am no one to judge after some of the things I eat, but I am here to help and I let my clients know that if they want a doughnut, eat a doughnut, if they prefer an Apple, then great! I tell them the pros and cons from the food choices they choose. Again we only live once! Live your life but be aware of how your living it and when to cut back on some things.... not give them up forever, but cut back.'


Herself and others trying to make a positive change need more recognition, as it really does go unnoticed. Unfortunately, its the toned gone from slim to curve toned up perfection bodies that people get sucked into that sell the lying personalised meal plan that they send to everyone else (I got sucked in, big sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) with the protein shake by their foot in every picture.

Three weeks back into it and I'm feeling better and slowly getting fitter, I try my best to eat good and yes I do reach for the sweets and eat da fuq I want on weekends (still drinking my 2 litre of water though!) :) but its ok and DWD reminded me of that! 
There is always going to be times when you feel down, but remember your doing such a great job at motherhood, your beautiful, you got this and you got kid/s that love you for you!!!

Shout out to my mummies going through shit, you strong AF.


MWA x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig