Instagram

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Help with Energy

From a young age I have suffered with anemia, which is basically an iron deficiency in the blood. My symptoms usually consist of:
  • extremely bad fatigue especially first thing in the morning when my iron is very low I feel so weak I actually feel like I can't carry on with my day (although I do and I have to!) 
  • headaches - they are the bane of my life I have always been a sufferer
  • paleness! (one of the reasons why I love fake tan!)

When I had my second child I lost so much blood I needed a blood transfusion and since then it has got worse.

The lack of energy just feels so awful and demotivating. I literally don't make an effort with myself at all, I feel and look like crap. I feel like Im immune to coffee and caffeine now. I have looked for so many remedies and tricks to help, and the recommended iron tablets actually do not work for up to 6 weeks which then demotivate me more to even take them.

I think I have finally found a few things that help me day to day..

Firstly I need to say that water is so important! I'm trying my best to drink as much as I can, the only thing I usually drink is a tea or a coffee but I have started carrying around a water bottle in bag to help.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-effervescent-vitamin-c-high-strength-tablets-1000mg-60030102

After a few days of taking the vitamin c it has helped me so much, I love these because they dissolve in water they get into your bloodstream quicker!
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-guarana-caplets-1200mg-60005750

These tablets are some what a kind of natural caffeine 

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-complete-b-vitamin-b-complex-60001250

These Vitamin B tablets help aid fatigue and tiredness. These need to be taken twice daily and consistently for you to see a difference.

I hate leaving things out on my kitchen side as it really irritates me, but I'm learning to let go of my slight OCD lol! If I don't leave them out I wont take them so I keep them all by my kettle as that is the thing I reach for in the morning!

All my items are from Holland and Barrett, which I know is not cheap so if you cannot invest in all of them by far the high strength vitamin c tablets you add to water are my fav!

If anybody has any tips or suggestions that help them please let me know!

Hope this helps!

H xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Assalamu Alaikum & Hiya Hun

    Yep that's me. Have suffered terrible anemia since around 14. Everyone thought I was lazy until I was hospitalised at 16. I've had blood transfusions also. I love this post!!!

    I know you can get iron injections when your really low that work like transfusions but they make you feel loads better.

    A change I diet can help also I pretty much struggle with getting all the nutrients I need being a busy mum that's why taking supplements can help.

    Thanks

    Zara A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikum Salam Zara x

      We are definitely similar! Im going to look in to the injections because if it goes directly into your blood then it should word quicker.

      As for my diet I mainly eat salad and veg as I love healthy food I try my best to eat as much as I can, I just feel like it is never enough for that boost.

      Thanks for your advice

      Hayley xx

      Delete

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig