Instagram

Monday 25 September 2017

Baby Weaning


SORRY, SORRY, SORRY & SORRY guys.. Honestly so so sorry. I haven't kept my promise once again....





This is just a short and simple post on baby weaning. Hopefully this helps anybody unsure!

So... with my first I think I started giving food around 4 months. I think it was like an excitement of wanting to do all the first time trying things with your first child etc.. the novelty soon wore off and with the second I think I waited till around 5 months, and then this time around I definitely did.

Supposed guidelines say you do not have to give solids till 6months now. This may sound awful but as I am veggie/pescatarian (sorry unsure how to spell) and the rest of my household is not.. having to give now a bubba something different to eat, whilst cooking two separate meals daily was an extra damn chore I was not wanting to do!

So I happily waited till she reached 6 months before I started feeding her properly. But to get her prepared for this, I started feeding her once a day with baby rice or porridge from around 5 months. This was just to get her use to being fed and to slowly build her up to eat properly. I did not have a specific time of day when I did but as long as I fed her once a day it was fine.

With the boys I never ever made any meals and prepped them I literally just bought jar foods and they ate those if we was out and about or if there was certain dinners I made that they couldn't eat yet. This time I wanted to cook and prep everything fresh.

I continued to give the baby, the baby rice or porridge for breakfast and then for lunch and dinners I boiled carrot, broccoli and sweet potato and then blended.


I got this baby blender in Asda baby event for £10, works ok but I wouldn't pay anymore than that.
I was making a few batches and using ice cube trays to store and freeze. Its also good as a rough guide of how much the baby can eat/manage at first.

 It does not matter if they don't finish it or hardly eat anything, its all experimental and some days babies just don't feel like eating in the beginning, so don't fret its all normal! I'ts  your baby so you will know when they are ready to eat or not.

Although I do not purchase baby food dinners etc, I do buy the organic fruit pouches. Generally
Ella's kitchen, but recently I tried Asda own brand Little Angels and I have had no complaints from the baby.

Baby girl is now 9 months so she has moved on from completely smooth food, So she now eats the same things as I do. I add seasoning to my food but no salt. She is generally a good eater and definitely lets me know when she doesn't like something. She also does not like bland food, loves a bit of flavour and spice lol. Here is a rough idea of what she eats daily..

Breakfast - half a weetabix & almond milk

Lunch - wholemeal bread and soft cheese broken up to feed herself or roasted veggies & pasta

Dinner - curried veg (pic below) with rice or pasta or fish

Inbetween she will have fruit or a pouch or finger foods to feed herself. and of course milk etc...


What do you feed your bubbas? and when did you start the weaning process???

I hope this helped!

MWA xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig