Instagram

Saturday 14 January 2017

Hospital Bag Essentials


Hey Guys..

I thought I would make a list of my essentials that I packed for the hospital ready for labour to help out anyone that maybe stuck or pack unnecessary items..




Before anything my phone and camera could not be left behind lol, and ladies don't forget the chargers! If you like to read then magazines, books etc would be a good idea too.

For Myself:

Hospital Notes - Do not forget as they need to check your history and anything important about yourself and baby throughout the pregnancy. They wont know if you have allergies or complications without seeing your notes.

Toiletries - I packed minis; soap, gloves, towel moisturiser, toothpaste/brush, deodorant, hairbrush/bands. Lipbalm, nipple cream

Clothing - slippers/flip flops, socks
                 nightdress/pjs for after birth - (I purchased buttoned ones due to breastfeeding)
                 Nursing bra & breast pads
                 Maternity Pads
                 Knickers - most people opt for disposable ones but I find them uncomfortable so I just                                            purchased a multipack of black briefs                                                                                             For leaving the hospital I packed a comfy two piece lounge suit

For Baby:

Baby grows & baby vests - I packed 4 of each as you don't know if they want to keep you in or not                                                 and of course accidents such as vomit, poo etc

Hat

Mittens

Blanket

Nappies - it's best to buy a small pack to bring

Cotton Wool - Im still using cotton wool now during nappy changes as most wipes are quite harsh

Olive oil - I massaged the baby's skin with this

Sleepsuit/Jacket - for home time

Car Seat - Majority of hospitals will not let you leave without one.

Formula Milk - I breastfed so I didnt bring but if your not this is essential.


Apart from all these things I suggest you do pack some snacks too, I brought energy based drinks like lucozade and things to nibble on. I also brang my own bottles of water but the hospital do provide jugs. I also brang disinfectant; one for hands and one for surfaces (I like to wipe down the sides and tables at least then I know its clean lol)

I packed my bag a month before and left in the boot of my car just incase.

Hope this helps!

xXx









picture from pintrest :https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hospital+bag+checklist&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=699&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiW7PnG-unRAhVkC8AKHY8RC5sQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=hospital+bag+pregnancy&imgrc=pKHkxhI1DWleOM%3A
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HAYLEY MARN. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig